This page may contain affiliate links. You may view the rest of the affiliate disclosure here.
Usually, around Valentine’s Day, I post Anti-Valentine’s Day posts. I can count on one hand many times I’ve been in a relationship on Valentine’s Day.
With that being said, I’m going to take some time to show appreciation to the Love of my life.
1. During our relationship/friendship this man has taught me how to love others and be loved by others.
2. He has stuck by my side even when I was pushing everyone away due to my mental health issues. He loved me anyway and still took care of me. I know he’s glad that I decided to start taking meds though.
3. I have never felt so much love for a man before. He shows me every day that he is worth it.
4. I can be myself with him. We can be silly together and my dark humor doesn’t offend him.
5. He has given me the chance to know what it feels like to create a child out of love. My first child was created under different circumstances, but this time is A LOT different. I’m actually excited and I am thankful to be receiving this opportunity. The baby shop is now closed.
6. This man goes out of his way to make sure that I am okay and takes care of me. I used to say I would never let a man do for me, but he has completely changed that. It has been a big help physically, mentally and emotionally.
7. I can honestly say that he is my best friend. I would not replace him for the world.
8. He pushes me to be a better person and supports my dreams. He’ll literally go out of his way to make sure that I am able to work on my goals.
9. He’s f*#$&@g cool. Not cooler than I am but he comes really close. I’m going to have to watch out for him to make sure that he doesn’t become cooler than me.
10. It’s an amazing feeling to go to sleep and wake up to someone that you want to spend the rest of your life with. I never thought that I would actually want to be with someone for forever and forever but wow. This man is something else.
11. He’s the first man that has ever took the responsibility to repair my car and gas it up to make sure that it’s safe for me to drive. I had to take pictures of him changing my breaks because that day meant a lot to me. He did it without me having to ask.
12. He may get a little jealous of my doggy, but he still loves her. He realizes how awesome she is.
13. He is a loving father to his kids who love him dearly!
14. He is a positive male figure in my son’s life and treats him as if he is one of his own.
15. Whenever he leaves to go to work, I look forward to him returning home to me. Even if it’s just to cuddle and watch tv.
16. He’s an amazing cook. I should know, he has been cooking almost every day for the past few months. Once this pregnancy is over and I’ve healed, I have a lot of making up to do. I can’t cook as well as he does but I’m sure he’ll eat the slop I make whether it tastes good or not. That’s what I call supportive.
17. He supports my book collection habits. Over the past two months, I’ve purchased over 30 books and he has taken that trip with me every single time. He still doesn’t understand why books make me so happy but it’s okay. Most people don’t understand.
18. He has made this Valentine’s Day the best one yet and we haven’t even celebrated yet. He woke up in an extremely good mood and told me we will celebrate when he gets off from work. 2 hours and counting.
I’m glad to have met this man and to be able to call him my own. Here’s to our Love Journey and I look forward to spending the rest of my life with him. What do you love most about your significant other? How will you guys be spending your valentine’s day?
I wish you all a very Happy Valentine’s Day! If you haven’t already, sign up for my email list and follow me on Instagram and Facebook. Enjoy your week!