This page may contain affiliate links. You may view the rest of the affiliate disclosure here.
If you’ve been keeping up with my blog, you know that I am engaged. For those of you who are new, WELCOME!!!! Anywho, I officially got engaged on Valentine’s Day of this year. Yes, it’s so cliché. It was still special nonetheless and I am happy to be engaged to this amazing man. I wanted to give you guys the chance to Meet My Fiancé. He is a singer, songwriter, musician with the ability to play an array of instruments, and a Minister.
Since I keep bringing him up in my blog posts, I have decided to dedicate a post to him by asking him a few good and random questions. I figured it would be a confidence boost for him to be featured. Over the past few weeks, we have been going through a lot. Imagine having car trouble while moving to a new city. But as I like to say, there’s always a silver lining……… I have yet to figure it out this time. You thought I was going somewhere else with that, didn’t ya?
Without further ado, let’s get into why we are here. You can tell a lot about someone by the responses they give to any question that they are asked. Now….
Let’s Get To Know CJ
1. What advice would you give your 18-year-old self?
Slow down and think about things. Don’t act so fast because you have a long life ahead of you. At that age, I was living a long life. If I knew then what I knew now I would’ve taken my time.
2. What is the most memorable advice you’ve ever received?
Keep pushing and never give up. Always believe in myself because I am worth it.
3. What made you become a Minister?
My relationship with God and my love for helping people. Not just from a biblical standpoint because ministry is more than just a Sunday morning thing.
4. At what age did you become a minister?
I became a minister at the age of 18. At the age of 12, I was told that I had a call and anointing but I was afraid to accept it because of so many of my male family members. It was said that we had a curse on our family, a lot of the male family members that confessed to ministry died at a young age not too long after they were ordained.
5. What is it like being in a relationship with someone spiritual instead of religious?
It is difficult at times because sometimes we don’t see things the same way. Then it reminds me that religion is not a relationship with God. Religion was taught. What’s most important in our relationship is that we still pray together, we still worship in song together and we still go to church together.
6. What made you propose on valentine’s day?
Lol, I didn’t want to wait. I heard everybody questioning is it too soon or are we moving to fast but for me: I found someone that didn’t make me feel like I had to do things the normal way by societies rules and I found someone that made my heart happy. I had a day planned and everything, but I just felt it was right, so I chose that day at that moment.
7. If you were had to be stranded on an island for 72 hours, what are 5 things that you would bring? Why?
Pen, paper, keyboard, generator, and microphone. That way I can write and sing as loud as I want to.
8. If you had a million dollars, what would you do with it?
I would give some money to the church, buy my grandma a mink coat, buy my parents a house, buy us a house, retire, and do some investing.
9. When was the last time you did something for the first time?
Two weeks ago, I tried Mochi Ice Cream for the first time. I did not like it.
10. If you could own any type of small business, what would it be?
I would own a restaurant that incorporates all types of food from different cultures because I am all about bringing people together.
11. What would you do if you knew you could not fail?
12. If you were to brag about me to someone, what would you brag about?
How strong you are, knowing all you been through and all you overcame. All the things you went through in your past that are not stopping you now.
13. If you are in a bad mood, do you prefer to have someone cheer you up or would you rather be left alone?
I would prefer to have you around when I’m in a bad mood because you have been a lot of the reasons why I have been happy.